1. April 14th you stopped smiling back at me. I knew then that this was going to hurt.
2. I used to have hour long conversations with you. They slowly turned into 10 minute ones— you saying you were too busy to talk. And I was so foolish because I believed you. This went on for months until you stopped answering all together.
3. She was all you talked about. How beautiful her smile was. How perfect she was. This lovely girl who smoked her sadness away. You always hated cigarettes. I didn’t understand.
4. I laid in my room for days waiting. Hoping you’d notice my silence. After 9 days I figured you didn’t give a shit about me. I wrote poetry about you until my fingers bled.
5. I was going crazy all because you didn’t love me back. I was going to let you destroy me, and you were aware of all of this. To this day, I still don’t forgive you for leaving me like that. Like I’m meaningless trash.
6. There was a storm coming, a blizzard. I called you 5 times to make sure you were safe, by the 6th voicemail I was crying and told you to fuck yourself. The 7th I said I was sorry.
7. You teased me for your entertainment. Little by little you left holes in my heart until it was completely empty. I’m still trying to regain my strength.
8. I couldn’t let you kill me. And that’s where this was headed."
- 8 reasons why I had to leave. (Fuck you)